05 September, 2005

My life in cyberspace................Warning may be a rambling post

Since i am such an active blogger .....NOT, I started thinking why I blog, or why anyone blogs.

I think for some blogging is the confessional. A safe place to reconcile with oneself.

For some it is the place where their alter ego can be free to roam. A place to live the life their dreams are made of.

For some it is the proving ground of creators and writers.

For some it is the place of a healer. People using there blogs to reachout to others. (noble if I may say so).

For some it is merely the chronological breakdown of there lives.

I suspect for many it is a combination of reasons.

I think I attempt blogging because it give me a place to maybe express myself. without the pressure of speaking out loud. It does offer a thinking space. If I can only get over my fear of exposing myself out there I may blog more.

If I could commit myself to one thing it would always be to keep what I write as real and true to me as possible. Realness is my goal sadly not my achievement.

"...Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand..." (the Skin Horse)

Why do you blog?

No comments: