19 January, 2006

Nightswimming HNT...... X 2 since I missed last week.

Nightswimming deserves a quiet night
The photograph on the dashboard, taken years ago,
Turned around backwards so the windshield shows
Every streetlight reveals the picture in reverse
Still, it's so much clearer
I forgot my shirt at the water's edge
The moon is low tonight

Nightswimming deserves a quiet night
I'm not sure all these people understand
It's not like years ago,
The fear of getting caught,
Of recklessness and water
They cannot see me naked
These things, they go away,
Replaced by everyday




Nightswimming, remembering that night
September's coming soon
I'm pining for the moon
And what if there were two
Side by side in orbit
Around the fairest sun?
That bright, tight forever drum
Could not describe nightswimming

You, I thought I knew you
You, I cannot judge
You, I thought you knew me,
This one laughing quietly underneath my breath
Nightswimming

The photograph reflects,
Every streetlight a reminder
Nightswimming deserves a quiet night, deserves a quiet night

- with thanks to REM.



To find out why I do this click the image below

HNTbutton.




<br /><BGSOUND src="http://www.geocities.com/furzl123/night.mid">

37 comments:

Wenchy said...

Wow! Knowing how many times I heard you jump in the pool, I think you got the shot you were hoping for!

I love that song.

Robin said...

Well, props to Wenchy again, for a great photo. I'm assuming of course, that this is NOT a self portrait... hee hee.

I love the way the water feels at night. Actually, it's not really the water after all, is it?

HHNT.

jazz said...

these are awesome. love them.

Belly said...

OH wow! Just looking at the photo and reading the lyrics I got all inspired for a little night swimming myself...remembering the days before kids and when I lived right on the lake. Thank you!

Happy HNT!

Blondage said...

Wow!!! Totally cool!!!!!!!!!!

MamaKBear said...

I love swimming at night.

Happy HNT! :)

Anonymous said...

Great post Furzl. Love those shots. HHNT friend and your little Wenchy, too. HE HE HE. ::sending the flying monkeys out::
TG

Professor Fate said...

Nice series.

Happy HNT

Marie said...

Nightswimming...that looks and sounds so great right about now! :) The photos are amazing...so crisp and vibrant. Happy HNT!

Randi said...

love that song and the pics are awesome. hhnt.

Blondie... said...

I absolutely love night swimming!

Happy HNT and those are some awesome shots to match the lyrics.

Margaret said...

i love it!

peace...

b o o said...

fwwaaaah, thats hot. HHNT.

Anonymous said...

Such heavenly photos. I can just imagine how much fun night swimming could be with you.

Happy HNT!

WDKY said...

Brilliant post, brilliant photos. Happy HNT.

Joel said...

Very nifty shot dude! HHNT!

lime said...

great pictures!!!! nothing like a nightswim for sure happy HNT!

Mark Leslie said...

Very cool -- I especially love the "banner" shot. Happy HNT!

finally forgiving said...

that's an amazing photo....

Vic said...

Wow! Awesome pictures. I am impressed on many levels. Good job.

The Lily said...

COOOOL!

Unknown said...

what a neat idea for an HNT pic..I am always amazed at what people choose for this day..

HHNT Furzl :)

Anonymous said...

I love that song!!! Great pic - great theme!

S said...

Love it Furzl! Love the pics and the song. Happy HNT!

MG said...

awww, man....I wanna do that....

Happy HNT

Still Searching... said...

Mmm, languid and sensuous. Great HNT! And happy one to you at that.
:-)

~Tim said...

Ghostly cool! Happy HNT!

Barakah said...

Its been so long since I have been nightswimming, I'm soooooo envious.

Spinning Girl said...

ooh, that is nice.

and one of my favorite rem songs.

Dragion said...

Very nice, the lyrics with the pics are supurb. Thank you for sharing them... makes me wish for a heated pool or visiting warmer climates. Yum.

Wenchy said...

Just wanted to say HELLO!!

Anonymous said...

night or day, as long as it's nekkid!

daisyduke said...

's so peaceful there in the water where you are...
nice

HHNT~

onan the bavarian said...

Superb! Goes well with the prose.

Anonymous said...

This is an AWESOME HNT Furzl, fantastic job.
Happy Late HNT
Tc

Anonymous said...

You've been tagged

A Bronx Tale said...

NICEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

did you jump right in or belly flop?

HAPPY HNT!!!